Welcome to the Phantom Breaker: Omnia FAQ! We’ll be updating this post going forward with your most frequently asked questions about the game and update each question as necessary.
Q: When will the game be released?
A: Phantom Breaker: Omnia will be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam (PC) in the latter half of 2021. The game will be backwards compatible and can be played on PlayStation 5 and Xbox One Series S and X machines. We will update this item once we have a more concrete date for you.
Q. Will Phantom Breaker: Omnia have rollback netcode?
A. Unfortunately, the short answer is no. The longer answer is that totally wanted to. Our Japanese Producer has this to say about implementing rollback netcode into Phantom Breaker: Omnia.
“Regarding Rollback Netcode in Phantom Breaker: Omnia. I understand that there has been some discussion and concern among the fighting game communities, so I would like to take this opportunity to talk about rollback netcode implementation.
Since the beginning of this project, Rocket Panda Games and I have had several discussions regarding implemation in PBO.
However, because the game was based on Phantom Breaker: Extra’s existing source code, preserving the game’s essence while implementing rollback netcode would have meant building the game from scratch.
This would have been impossible to implement rollback netcode with the resources we had at the onset of this project. Our final choices came down to releasing PBO without rollback or not releasing PBO at all.
I am very aware of the demand for rollback netcode among the overseas fighting game fans, which made the decision all the more painful. Nevertheless, we are making all of the more realistic improvements to the game that we can bring you the experience possible within our means. On behalf of the entire team, I thank you all for your understanding.”
Original Japanese thread: https://twitter.com/OtherGuyX/status/1331481082751975429
While Sakari-san pretty much sums up our feelings, I had my own personal take on the subject. You can find that thread here: https://twitter.com/RocketPandaEN/status/1322386862074310656?s=20
Q. How much will Phantom Breaker: Omnia cost?
A: We haven’t set a final price for Phantom Breaker: Omnia but it will be well below the $60 average for new games.
Q. Will there be a physical edition of Phantom Breaker: Omnia?
A: Yes! We have partnered with Limited Run Games to bring out a physical edition of the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions of Phantom Breaker: Omnia.
Q. How many playable characters does Phantom Breaker: Omnia have?
A: The final roster will be made up of 20 characters with 2 brand new characters created specifically for Phantom Breaker: Omnia. We will be announcing these characters as we get closer to launch.
Q. Will I need to unlock any characters?
A: Nope! All the characters in the game will be available to play from the get-go! However, not all characters have a Story Mode attached to them as it is based on the Story Mode in Phantom Breaker and Phantom Breaker: Extra. That said every character will be available to play in Arcade, VS and Online modes.
Q. Will there be DLC for the game ?
Q. Will the game have Japanese and English voice over?
A: Yes! Users can select between the original Japanese and the new English dub. Additionally, the game features a newly remixed soundtrack that you can switch between.
Q. Who are the English voice actors for each of the characters?
A: Here is the complete list of voice actors who will appear in Phantom Breaker: Omnia.
- Luci Christian – Cocoa (Ochaco in My Hero Academia)
- Monica Rial – Fin (Stocking in Panty & Stocking)
- Joe Zieja – Infinity (Achilles in Fate / Apocrypha)
- Erica Lindbeck – Itsuki (Futaba Sakura in Persona 5)
- Sarah Williams – M (Jinx in League of Legends)
- Kira Buckland – Mei (Mary Saotome in Kakegurui)
- Erica Mendez – Mikoto (Retsuko in Aggretsuko)
- SungWon Cho – Phantom (FL4K in Borderlands 3)
- Alejandro Saab – Ren (Leon in Pokemon Journeys)
- Caitlin Glass – Ria (Cammy White in Street Fighter V)
- Lilypichu – Rin (Mina in Ethereal Enigma)
- Laura Stahl – Shizuka (Aiger Akabane in Beyblade Burst Turbo)
- Felecia Angelle – Sophia (Toru Hagakure in My Hero Academia)
- Matt Mercer – Tokiya (McCree in Overwatch)
- Cristina Vee – Waka (Noel in BlazBlue)
- Amber Connor – Yuzuha (Faye in Fire Emblem)
- Carrie Savage – Rimi (Celica A. Mercury in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle)
- Trina Nishimura – Kurisu Makise (Mikasa Ackermann in Attack on Titan)
- Patrick Seitz – Gaito (Dio in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
- Daman Mills – Ende (Frieza – Dragon Ball Super)
Q: Why aren’t the original openings and ending songs in the game?
A: Unfortunately, due to music licensing restrictions having the original opening and ending sequences isn’t something that we could include.
Q: Can you switch to the original Phantom Breaker: Extra UI?
A: As far as the UI is concerned those assets were originally created in 720p so rebuilding those assets would take more time and resources, for our startup that would have been too much for us to take on.